Kitesurf course group (3-4 people)
Learn to kitesurf in a group with your friends or relatives or connect with other participants in this group course. For beginners without previous experience to get a quick and safe introduction to kiteboarding.
All kitesurfing equipment is of course included in the price, i.e. kite, bar, board, wetsuit, harness and leash.
- Learn to kite in a group with friends or relatives
- Have fun and share experiences
- Connect with other participants in the course
Beginners course schedule
We meet in the morning at 10 a.m. at our station at the Ketjil campsite. Here you get a wetsuit and a harness incl. Safetyleash. Then we make our way to the beach where, after a short theoretical introduction, we start with practical exercises.
The 2-day beginners course is divided into 3-4 steps. Each step builds on the previous one, so no steps can be skipped. Usually step 3 is reached, some make it to level 4.
Step 1: Introduction, kite handling, wind window
- Spot briefing and safety briefing
- Setting up the kite and kite handling, safety systems
- Explanation of the wind window – launch the kite, fly in a controlled manner and landing the kite
Step 2: kite control and body dragging
- Controlled launch and flying of the kite in the water
- Launch the kite out of the water (relaunch)
- Bodydrag on downwind course and upwind course
Step 3: water start & glide
- Start with the board from waist-deep water and glide the first few meters.
Step 4: maintain your height, basic jibe
- Controlled driving and first turning maneuvers
- Course schedule for advanced learners
You get on the board and can slide a few meters?
Then book a private course.
In one-to-one lessons we improve your kite control, body posture while driving and the edging of the board. The aim of this course is to walk upwind or return to the starting point. After the private lessons, you can continue practicing with the material for the rest of the day, which is of course included in the price.
VDWS license and level system
General safety, take-off preparation, take-off exercises, first flight exercises, body drag
Bodydrag, water start of the kite
Water start, at least 50 meters driven
Recognize technical terms, avoidance rules, nature conservation, dangers
crossing wind, steer, maintain altitude, base jibe
Basc jumps and skim jibe or Transition Jump
Rotations or Kiteloop, Grabs, One Foot, Board off or Railey